Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
This role centers around the ability to work with collaborative teams to improve, optimize and enhance applications to drive clinical and business outcomes. Responsibilities require application knowledge, ability to work well with other team members to best understand how configuration can improve adoption and caregiver experience, as well as improve outcomes. This role's responsibilities may also include ability to configure applications. Organizational skills and a desire to constantly improve how applications are configured with the ability to help caregivers understand limitations and capabilities will be utilized in this role.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Maintains advanced level of understanding of functional design methodologies, tools, and techniques to effectively work with stakeholders and caregivers. Determine needs, specifications, feasibility, and priorities for development, configuration requests and projects to meet caregiver needs.
- 2. Documents and recommends workflow changes, functional requirements, specifications, and design solutions needed to support the clinical and business requirements for common and moderately complex problems. Does this in coordination with the appropriate clinical program / clinical service, division, and designated approved end-user advisory group.
- 3. Acquires and maintains an advanced level of understanding of the functional architecture, security, and compliance requirements of assigned systems and integration.
- 4. Utilizes appropriate tools to meet ad hoc informational needs. Understands the data model and data use of assigned systems.
- 5. Participates with information systems to solve issues of moderate to advanced levels of complexity, incidents, and problems according to agreed upon service levels and defined standards and processes.
- 6. Collaboratively works with peers, information systems, internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers.
- 7. Provides subject matter expertise to technical and clinical partners; collaborates with technical partners in the technical design, technical implementation, and technical operations of assigned systems and integrations.
- 8. Collaborates with key clinical and business stakeholders to determine rules, needs, specifications, feasibility (workflow and cost), and priorities for application development / configuration / acquisition requests and projects of all levels of complexity and according to organizational standards and processes.
- 9. Consults with key clinical and business stakeholders, and collaborates with information systems on selection and acquisition of 3rd party solutions.
- 10. Collaborates with key stakeholder group(s) (e.g. Clinical Programs, Clinical Services, Divisions, etc.) and key Information Systems caregivers in the acquisition, configuration, development, testing, and implementation of solutions (vended and internally developed) with all levels of complexity.
- 11. Participates and collaborates with key stakeholders in the development of training and knowledge based materials and in training peers, trainers, and as needed, end-users.
- 12. Participates in the creation and management of project plans for projects at all levels of complexity. Consistently meets agreed upon deadlines or escalates issues, concerns, and barriers to key project leaders. Assists in the prioritization of tasks / assignments.
- 13. Assists with the development and implementation of communication plans to stakeholder groups and manages customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, business hours
- Department: Care Transformation
- Location: World Trade Center- Downtown Salt Lake City
Unfortunately, we are not currently considering candidates for this position that require visa sponsorship. We apologize for the inconvenience
- Four years of analytics or development experience
or Bachelor's degree. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Two years of experience in a role demonstrating the following: Identification of optimization opportunities, Application / Solution Knowledge, Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, Continuous Improvement, Develop working relationships across teams, Innovative approaches to challenges and ability to inspire a "disruptive mindset" to drive change, Organization, Results Oriented and Workflow Knowledge.
- Experience using word processing, advanced or complex spreadsheet and database applications, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications, as well as computerized tracking systems.
- Ability to travel - primarily throughout the Intermountain Healthcare system.
- Clinical incumbents whose specialty require licensure (e.g. Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, etc.) must hold current state licensure.
- Interact with others by effectively communicating, both orally and in writing.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Five or more years of analytics or development experience.
- Prior experience in a role demonstrating the following: Analytics, Clinical Acumen, Engineering / Development capability, Hardware / Devices, Industry Knowledge, Leadership, Project Management, Semantic Interoperability and Teaching.
- Hands-on experience with any or all of the following tools: Informatica MDM Hub, IDD, Informatica data quality, data profiling and metadata tools including Informatica EDC, Informatica AXON
- Experience with data quality, data profiling, data cleansing, metadata management and reporting using the Informatica tooling
- Understanding of ontologies, taxonomies, and other fundamental metadata artifacts and capabilities to enhance enterprise data management practices
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.