Patient Account Specialist – Behavioral Health
Copper Hills Youth Center, located in West Jordan, Utah, is a 24/7 secure residential treatment center (behavioral health) for male and female adolescents aged 12 through 17. We counsel, teach and mentor students who have psychiatric disorders. Our goal is to provide treatment that results in positive changes, allowing these youth to return to their families and communities.
Copper Hills Youth Center is seeking a full time Patient Account Specialist.
The Patient Account Specialist is responsible for maintaining assigned patient accounts from the start of admission to the concluding payment of services after discharge. This individual will be responsible for completing insurance verifications prior to admission in order to determine the patient’s mental health benefits. This information will be relayed to the admissions coordinator and to the guarantor during financial counseling. Monthly, the specialist will bill for services, follow up with funding sources to ensure timely payment is received, and troubleshoot claim denials and payer issues for resolution. In addition, they will complete monthly eligibility verifications, assist with daily census reconciliation, and more. The Patient Account Specialist is a member of the Business Office team and as such will work closely with numerous departments including admissions, utilization management, and the clinical team.
Benefits offered to full time staff include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurances at very affordable rates
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- Dependent Life insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid time off for work life balance
- And more!!
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Time Management: flexible and able to assess the priorities of the department on a daily basis. Able to complete all tasks accurately and timely within tight timeframes and meet strict attendance guidelines.
- Communication and analytical skills: able to work as a positive team member and compose professional documentation / appeals and efficient justifications based on accurately analyzing data.
- Attention to detail and proficient with excel, word, and computers
- Personal Accountability is necessary as the individual is expected to meet the service excellence standards of the Business Office team.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology, insurance terminology, and billing standards is highly preferred.
- Minimum 21 years old
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team and have what it takes to make a positive impact with staff and customers, please submit your resume via the online career center: www.copperhillsyouthcenter.com