Management Analyst - Administrative Office of the Courts
Salt Lake City, UT
|Under general direction of the Court Services Director, collects, organizes and manipulates data for use in performing routine data analyses, conducting research and writing reports.|
| Example of Duties:|
- Collects, organizes, and manipulates data for use in development of policies, trends and special studies.
- Utilizes statistical methods to sample, interpret, evaluate, and analyze data.
- Assists with development and maintenance of the data system and trains users as necessary.
- Assists with the data quality effort, ensuring data being generated is valid.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to managers with data extraction and interpretation needs.
- Provides background statistics or other material for committees to use in forming the basis for court administration and judicial branch policy decisions.
- Prepares comprehensive data analyses and technical assistance to individual courts.
- Responds to questions and provides information and data to management, staff, other governmental agencies and the public.
- Drafts reports, summaries, and newsletter articles on research and planning projects; delivers oral presentations to various audiences as appropriate.
- Builds reports using best practices within the reporting system.
- Performs other related duties as required.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)|
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus three (3) years of related experience OR an
equivalent combination of education and experience. Training in research methods and statistical analysis is required.
- Working knowledge of sampling methodology and data analysis, research design methods, and principles of data management
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and Business Intelligence software.
| Supplemental Information:|
- This position may be under-filled depending on the availability of fully qualified applicants. If this position is under-filled, compensation will be commensurate with qualifications.
- Previous court experience with satisfactory performance is preferred.