BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is currently looking to hire a Quality Technician I for our Document Control Team! This is a full-time hourly position. This individual will perform quality control reviews of manufactured products and manufacturing records. The work is performed in real-time and in accordance with the Quality System. Timely and accurate work is expected. The work is fast-paced and employees in this role are expected to complete a list of tasks. This position regularly interacts and/or collaborates with other departments within BioFire. Position follows standard work practices and procedures, normally receives little or no instruction on day to day work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Quality System data.
- Triage document number requests from Quality Web.
- Assist employees in obtaining identification numbering for controlled documentation.
- Enter training events into the BFDX database.
- Scan old and new records for maintenance and traceability.
- Verification of scanned documents on Quality Web.
- Identify and report any documents that are nonconforming to the Document Control Manager.
Training and Education:
- Associates Degree in life science or engineering discipline preferred. Experience in a quality, laboratory, or medical device manufacturing position at a company that has a formal quality system (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or GMP) may substitute for a degree.
- Demonstrate good computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control preferred.
- On-the-job experience sufficient to ensure professional communication and interactions.
- Attention to detail is fundamental to this position.
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Organization skills as needed to maintain paperwork and task schedule.
- Effective communication skills.
Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs and may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit or stand for moderate amounts of time and look at computer monitors for an extended amount of time with or without accommodation.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at email@example.com, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).