Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technology issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our success is a direct result of our people.
The Level 1 Windows Incident Support Analyst supports and maintains Windows servers, patching, instant messaging, MS Exchange, database environments and/or host infrastructures. This includes responding to system outages, maintenance, and other problems, and being the first point of contact for documented hardware and software problems.
- Handle day-to-day change management issues within the guidelines of the Unisys Global Incident Management process and adhering to client requirements and deliverables.
- Learning and understanding of tickets status and updates to logs in the ticketing tools is crucial.
- Working with Unisys vendors and clients, the Command Center staff must provide guidance, visibility and proper communication to Unisys management.
- At times follow proper escalation procedures for both Unisys and client notifications.
- Delivers first level remote hardware and software support services to clients to resolve product use and multi-product/platform problems, and/or questions relating to enterprise systems, networks and application software, as well as desktop applications that are beyond the scope of the client’s first level help desk support function.
- Provides referrals and/or dispatches to other service providers to ensure that client’s service level and technical requirements are met.
- Provides alerts and situation status information to both client and Unisys management.
- Coordinates critical customer issues as well as new product and/or system implementations.
- Participates in patching of servers for multiple clients using industry recognized tools and methodology.
- System Management – Responsible for the day to day support of computer systems running on a host operating system. These may be stand-alone, hosted and virtual, or networked systems and may exist in homogenous or heterogeneous environments. Some of these tasks are:
- Monitor system performance, service availability, scheduled maintenance tasks and event logs for normal operations. Apply documented system and security patches to ensure the security and stability of the environment.
- Perform technical system performance monitoring.
- Perform hardware and/or software maintenance.
- Ensure proper backups are made of systems to allow for recovery of systems and data.
- Monitor system capacity against specific capacity plans.
- Document basic reporting procedures for common tasks.
- Assist in implementation of basic, recurring change request.
- Perform minor changes with the oversight of a more senior analyst.
- Incident Management – Perform initial incident investigation, resolve well-defined or basic technical issue incidents using documented procedures and obtain recovery of normal operations as quickly as possible.
- Change Management – Document basic change implementation plans and execute the plans reviewed and approved by senior analysts. Perform basic with the oversight of a higher-level analyst.
- Problem Management – Gather and document information to assist with the root cause or escalate to tier 3 for solution.
- Consulting –Assist senior analysts in supporting specific client environments.
Technical and Behavioral Skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- Background investigation and drug screen required
- Experience working in a data center supporting host systems.
- A minimum of 6 months of experience in Windows user administration and Windows domains.
- A knowledge of Windows Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Server products.
- Microsoft certifications for Windows Server 2008 required. (2012 a plus)
- Knowledge of commercial backup solutions from Symantec and similar platforms.
- Familiar with SAN and NAS storage systems
- Ability to work with customers and other technical teams.
- Knowledge of standard networking ports and protocols.
- Ability to follow documented patch management solutions.
- Familiarity with IT Service Management terms and processes.
- Must be available for varying shifts on a possible rotating basis, including nights and weekend