Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
The Laboratory Client Services Specialist I is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Intermountain employees, patients, clinical staff, and other Intermountain Healthcare departments and teams with regard to laboratory services.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Receives incoming calls from employees, patients, clinical staff and other Intermountain Healthcare teams and departments with regard to laboratory services and is knowledgeable of compliance issues with regard to releasing confidential health information. Is responsible for understanding technical information of multiple computer platforms in use in Intermountain's hospitals and clinics which is used to troubleshoot and resolve ordering issues with nursing staff and the location of specimens within Intermountain laboratories.
- 2. Complies with established criteria for response time, callback and calls-in requirements. Maintains accurate documentation of calls and information using detailed comments to ensure all information can be quickly accessed and reviewed in various Intermountain computer applications.
- 3. Notifies and reports Critical Values to the appropriate physician within approved time requirements for multiple laboratory sites within Intermountain and properly documents the call.
- 4. Provides accurate and appropriate information to resolve customer's issues on the first call and provides timely follow up if additional research is needed. Maintains a detailed knowledge of critical information on test ordering and the location where testing is performed, whether in Intermountain Laboratories or other reference locations.
- 5. Helps instruct providers on inpatient nursing units and outpatient sites on correct usage of computer ordering, reading of results, and information specific to laboratory testing and determines when to forward calls to the technical staff or pathology based on optimal customer service. Appropriately pages physicians and pathologists throughout the laboratory system when required.
- Entry Rate: $13.44
- Full time - 40 hours per week - Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 6:30 pm. Shift requires working one weekend a month and some holidays. Training is 4-6 weeks from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. Weekend, and holiday differentials apply. This shift is eligible for telecommuting after 6 months of meeting specific criteria
- Benefits Eligible
- One year customer service experience.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Familiarity with computer word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications.
- One year experience in a healthcare or clinical setting.
- One year telephone customer service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.