Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
This position is responsible for the inventory management activity for assigned departments or clinical program. It includes distribution and inventorying of supply areas to ensure the correct medical products and linen and equipment (a.k.a. 'supplies') are stocked and ready for clinical use.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs inventory control on stock and non-stock items (e.g., sets par levels, identifies and adjusts to trends) for assigned units. Keeps supplies binned and organized. Acts as liaison between Supply Chain and assigned department, facility, or clinical program.
- 2. Orders and delivers supplies for assigned department, facility, or clinical program using appropriate technology, systems, and suppliers.
- 3. Processes all applicable documents (e.g., freight bill, bill of lading, packing slips, other documents relevant to receiving or shipping) according to Intermountain policy and procedure to ensure prompt and correct computer input and filing.
- 4. Communicates information concerning supply levels, new products, standardization, and implementation to the relevant department staff. Troubleshoots issues for problem resolution.
- 5. Restocks supplies in identified storage locations. Considers shelf life (product rotation) and the configuration and maintenance of par cart areas. Storage of supplies must meet regulatory requirements. Ensures all temperature sensitive products are stored appropriately and delivered according to manufacturer and facility policy. Accesses inventory areas to maintain and complete daily replenishment and inventory duties. Complies with the established storage and control requirements in the facility for USP labeled products.
- 6. Monitors quantity on hand issues reconciling and solves any discrepancies.
- 7. Utilizes the SCIS system ensuring distribution, inventory, receiving, departmental files, and reports are managed in accordance with Auditing, Accounting, and other regulatory agencies.
- 8. Ensures compliance to policy and standard operating procedures.
- 9. Researches and resolves SCIS related problems for assigned inventories and coordinates with appropriate stakeholders or clinical program and SCO Business Applications Team.
- 10. Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports for assigned locations.
- 11. Assists with and oversees inventory management processes (e.g., cycle counting, PDA Relief inventory process) for assigned areas.
- 12. Supports Intermountain Healthcare's Supplier Standards.
- 13. Understands and applies appropriate Supply Chain standard operating procedures.
- 14. Clean, track, and test patient mobile medical equipment
- Entry Rate: $13.75
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time; Monday-Friday 700am-330pm
- Department: Materials Management, Primary Children's Hospital, SLC UT
- Some roles may require certification.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and speak English clearly, follow verbal and written instructions, and understand customer communications.
- Experience using basic word processing, spreadsheets, internet, e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring strong attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to visually inspect boxes, packing slips, computed reports, and like objects.
- Demonstrated ability to use a pallet jack and other materials handling equipment (e.g., hand truck, carts).
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity, climbing, lifting, walking, standing, pulling/pushing, carrying.
- Experience in a role working with healthcare supplies.
- One year of healthcare related distribution experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.