Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
This position is accountable for coordinating all inventory activities for assigned department, facility, or clinical program. This may include some or all the following: Replenishment, Picking, Staging, Delivery, Put Away, Special Orders, and Substitutions. May include managing PAR levels, Binning, Cycle Counts, Bill Only, and Inventory Relief activities. Oversees inventory coordination between suppliers and SCO Sourcing Specialists.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Coordinates inventory management activity to ensure the needs of the facility or assigned clinical program are being met.
- 2. Performs inventory control on both stock and non-stock items (e.g., sets par levels, identifies and adjusts to trends) for assigned inventory. Keeps supplies binned and organized. Acts as liaison with Materials Management and clinical program.
- 3. Orders and delivers supplies for assigned department or clinical program using standard operating procedures, appropriate technology, and suppliers.
- 4. Ensures required documentation related to shipping & receiving, delivery, and tissue tracking are completed according to Intermountain policy and procedures.
- 5. Communicates information concerning supply levels, new products, standardization, back orders, and product implementation to the relevant stakeholders or clinical program staff.
- 6. Accountable for replenishment activity in assigned locations or clinical program using established SCO Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's). Ensures temperature sensitive products are stored properly and are delivered according to manufacturer and Intermountain guidelines.
- 7. Manages Consignment or Vendor Managed Inventory according to SCO (SOP's).
- 8. Reconciles and manages inventory reports (e.g., negative on-hand, exception, unconfirmed, put away reports). Assists with inventory management initiatives and strategies to ensure processes are lean and effective.
- 9. Coordinates the SCISSCIS system ensuring distribution, inventory, receiving, departmental files, and reports are managed in accordance with Auditing, Accounting, and other regulatory agency requirements.
- 10. Coordinates with Business Applications Team to research and resolve SCIS related questions or problems.
Utilizes appropriate reports and system tools to ensure effectiveness in support of key performance indicators.
- 11. Adheres to established cycle count and inventory relief (SOP's).
- 12. Supports Intermountain Healthcare's Supplier Standards.
- 13. Understands and applies Supply Chain (SOP's), Reports, and Tools.
- Entry Rate: $16.25
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 0600-1430 Mon-Fri; Occasional weekend and holidays
- Department: Materials Management, Layton Hosptial Layton UT
- Some roles may require certification.
- Two years of healthcare related Materials Management experience and one year of experience working within Intermountain Healthcare.
- Experience in a role requiring strong attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to visually inspect boxes, packing slips, computed reports, and like objects.
- Experience performing a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and speak English clearly, follow verbal and written instructions, and understand customer communications.
- Experience using basic word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Demonstrated ability to use a pallet jack and other materials handling equipment (e.g., hand truck, carts).
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity, climbing, lifting, walking, standing, pulling/pushing, carrying.
- Experience in a role working with healthcare supplies.
- Knowledge of surgical supplies, equipment, and instruments.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.