|Do you have experience in the health insurance industry such as consumer service, claims administration, underwriting, auditing, or compliance? Do you have an extensive knowledge of health insurance laws and regulations? Can you read and understand an insurance contract? Are you able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form? If you answered yes to these questions join our team as a Health Rate & Form Analyst in our Health & Life Division at the Utah Insurance Department!|
As a Consumer Service Analyst for health insurance, you will:
- Research, interpret and apply federal and state insurance laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Receive and respond to inquiries and complaints relating to health insurance issues from consumers, as well as health insurers and agents.
- Research consumer insurance issues brought to the department's attention for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, as well as advocate on the consumer's behalf.
- Summarize findings, interpret results, and make recommendations.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with others to reconcile non-compliant findings.
- Read and understand information presented in order to draw a fact based conclusion, while applying applicable laws.
The Best Qualified Candidate
The best qualified candidate for this position will have:
- 5 or more years of experience in the health insurance industry, or with a third-party administrator, including experience in:
- personalized customer service;
- insurance contract interpretation;
- appeals and grievance procedures;
- conflict resolution and mediation.
- Extensive knowledge of health insurance laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Strong, well-rounded computer skills.
- Communicate professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in a closely related field.
- Have the ability to work independently prioritize workload, and manage multiple deadlines.
- Have the ability to read, understand, apply, and explain federal and state laws and regulations.
Why You Should Join Our Team
In addition to the state's competitive and comprehensive benefits package, employees of the Insurance Department enjoy a great work schedule, a healthy work/life balance, and the satisfaction of serving the residents of our great state!
The Utah Insurance Department's mission is to foster a healthy insurance market by promoting fair and reasonable practices that ensure available, affordable and reliable insurance products and services.
| Supplemental Information:|
DHRM rules apply for promotions/transfers.
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.