BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Clinical Applications Specialist to join our growing team! Join a team of Clinical Applications Specialist or CAS I/II by assisting BioFire customers by resolving and answering technical problems and questions. The CAS will serve as the technical expert of the FilmArray product, conduct product trainings, and serve as the voice of customer on internal project teams.
For the Clinical Applications Specialist I Position:
Clinical Applications Specialists (CAS) serve as product experts to provide applications and technical support for all clinical product applications. This applications and technical expertise is used to support sales growth through delivering exceptional technical support. CAS ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction and loyalty to BioFire products as the primary contact for system applications, technical support, troubleshooting of instrument, reagent, and software issues. CAS also manage the complaint handling process to ensure the timely, accurate resolution of customer complaints, which often involves working closely with other groups, such as Post Market Surveillance, Regulatory, R&D, Manufacturing, Engineering, Systems Integration, Legal, Service, and Instrument Production. The CAS support BioFire (BFDX) customers, distribution partners, BioMerieux (BMX) subsidiaries/distributors, BMX Global Customer Support, and the BFDX Sales network (Sales Managers, Clinical Implementation Managers, Corporate Account Managers, Field Applications Specialists, etc.). CAS also play an active role and serve as a customer advocate during product development, improvement, transfer, and release to ensure that the customer’s perspective is represented.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly and accurately to calls or e-mails for product applications support or technical issues. Application support may involve help with product verification, product updates, training on product instructions for use (IFU), explanation of results interpretations and other technical inquiries.
- Responsible for initiating, managing and resolving customer complaints. CAS will also determine if a complaint qualifies for FDA Medical Device Reporting (MDR) or EU Vigilance Reporting. CAS will also determine if a complaint needs to be escalated for further investigation requiring the expertise of other departments.
- Carry a company mobile phone and be available after-hours for on-call support.
- Support existing customers with additional training and technical assistance as needed or as product enhancements are launched that require additional training or implementation.
- Travel up to 20% to interface with distribution partners, customers, attend tradeshows and demonstrate products when necessary.
- Provide feedback and customer suggestions to marketing managers targeted at improving the overall product offering.
- Troubleshoot instrument, pouch, chemistry, software, laptop and other technical issues.
- The CAS manages product returns through the Returns Materials Authorization (RMA) process.
- Work closely with the Regulatory, Quality, and Post Market Surveillance teams in providing feedback regarding the overall customer experience including failure trends.
- Meets Customer Support quality plan standards relative to response times to customers.
Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
Training and Education
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related area with some laboratory experience in Molecular Biology or Microbiology.
This position requires 0-3 years’ experience in a customer-facing role. The applicant should be familiar with a variety of the clinical molecular diagnostic field’s concepts, practices, procedures, rules and regulations.
Skills: The applicant must be highly skilled at communication, both written and verbal, and must be able to interact with people of all scientific levels, such as clinical laboratory technicians, safety officers, managers, supervisors and directors; Ph.D. scientists; associate professors; CAP and FDA regulators and inspectors; key opinion leaders (KOL); clinical product managers; researchers; hospital administrators; medical engineers; and physicians.
Candidates that are bilingual or speak multiple languages are preferred.
For Clinical Applications Specialist II Position:
In addition to the responsibilities of a Clinical Applications Specialist (CAS) I, CAS II will assist CAS III in the development and improvement of Customer Support’s technical training program. CAS II will provide technical training to BioMerieux (BMX) employees, BMX subsidiaries/distributors, BMX Global Customer Support, new BioFire (BFDX) Sales & Marketing employees, and BFDX distribution partners. CAS II will participate in and contribute to BFDX project teams and support new product/service lines by executing CAS actions required by the project. CAS II will assist management and CAS III with the initial training of new CAS employees through direct one-on-one interaction, displaying the general functions and responsibilities of the position. CAS II will update Customer Support knowledge base and frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Training and Education:
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, at least 3 years’ experience in related function or industry, and laboratory experience in Molecular Biology or Microbiology.
This position requires 3-5 years’ experience in a customer-facing role. The applicant must be familiar with a variety of the clinical molecular diagnostic field’s concepts, practices, procedures, rules and regulations.