Education and Experience
High School diploma and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in a related field or bookkeeping; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This list contains knowledge, skills, and abilities that are typically associated with the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary from position to position:
Required technical skills include the working knowledge and ability of:
- Computer operations and technical software applications.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Operating a 10-key calculator.
- Imaging process.
Required mathematical skills include working knowledge of:
- Accounting, bookkeeping, and related statistical procedures.
- Mathematical concepts and logic.
- Perform complex mathematical formulas and calculations relating to calculation of benefit estimates.
Required working knowledge of:
- Purposes, principles, and practices of public retirement systems.
- Retirement laws, codes, policies, and guidelines.
Must possess excellent communications skills:
- Interpersonal conflict resolution method.
- High level skill in technical writing.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Effectively promote organization and services offered.
- Interpersonal communication theory and methods.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Must have the ability to:
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Apply critical thinking techniques.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Prioritize work.
- Perform within deadlines.
- Ability to stay focused despite interruptions.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Memory for details.
The incumbent must always demonstrate judgment, high integrity, and personal values consistent with the values of URS.
Incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require activities related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform essential functions.