Salt Lake City, UT
Can you take the financial lead on international projects?
Key objective is to ensure the validity of budgets and forecasts for all projects by providing an overview of assets, liabilities and the financial position for each project. Become the pivot generating a complete budgetary view of assigned projects and an important sparring partner for the Business Controller and the Project Manager.
Responsible for the monthly controlling of a number of international projects of various sizes.
Play a part in various roles, such as:
· Observer: get information, build up knowledge
· Specialist: advisor on project accounting
· Policeman: ensure accounting, TP and tax compliance, adhere to financial policies and procedures
· Lead person: report early warning, enforce corrective action(s)
Primary tasks will be to:
· Develop financial project estimates for the Project Managers – including financial project activities going forward
· Analyze deviations and possible explanations – and ensure early warnings, if necessary
· Ensure ongoing monitoring and follow up on budgets and overall financial status of the projects
· Complete cash flow and net working capital analyses by project
· Challenge the figures and the business but also be a sparring partner that creates value for the business
Be an integrated part of each of project phase to ensure that financial issues have been cleared and addressed
Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field of studies.
5+ years proven experience tracking down the right data and figures, and digging into large amounts of data to get to the bottom of tricky financial problems.
An ability and drive to go the extra mile and persistence to be able to present recommendations.
Possess hands-on analytic controlling as a core competency, with a high level or expertise in Excel comprehension of complex ERP flows (Oracle experience preferred).
Thrive on interaction with a great variety of people and work within a defined framework of instructions and procedures.