Personal Plans / Small Employer Representative
Salt Lake City, UT
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Small Employer / Personal Plans Representative position provides exceptional customer service to all potential and existing SelectHealth members, employer groups, agents, and other SelectHealth departments. As part of Intermountain Healthcare, SelectHealth is more than just an insurance company. We strive to provide our members with low cost insurance options and access to high quality care, while responding to all concerns in a timely manner. Our mission of excellence extends to our employees as well. SelectHealth has been named as one of 12 "Best Companies to Work For" by Utah Business magazine for six years in a row.
Upon hire, a 4-week training experience is provided for those interested in pursuing a career with SelectHealth. Training includes learning how to provide excellent customer service with incoming calls by being a knowledgeable resource, resolving disputes, maintaining confidentiality, and creating an exceptional experience for all. The position involves assisting appointed Selecthealth agents with the submission of Individual Plan applications and Small Employer groups. Team members will also assist potential and existing members in choosing the most appropriate insurance plan and assisting in the renewal process. Employees will deliver excellent customer service through multiple customer channels such as phone calls, email and direct interaction.
Essential Job Duties
1. Trains and assists brokers with the sale of Individual Plan and Small Employer products. This includes the explanation of plans, products, rates, and all available options.
2. Assists and educates potential and existing members in choosing the most appropriate insurance plan. This includes making educated decisions on plan types and options, both on Marketplace and off.
3. Attends various sales events. Directly speaks and interacts with brokers, customers, and members of other departments in a professional manner.
4. Along with handling a specific book of business, assists with other Representatives' books of business as needed. This includes corresponding accurately and understandably to customers and brokers in a professional and confidential manner in accordance with HIPAA and internal compliance guidelines.
5. Stays updated on changes in legislation, health care reform, and how these changes affect the Individual and Small Employer Plan Market. Assists brokers and individual plan applicants with this information and how it affects individual plans.
6. Inputs data and updates the sales automation system as necessary, ensuring information is accurate and timely.
7. Maintains a monthly average phone audit score of 93.5%.
8. Passes all testing administered by the department trainer.
Entry Wages: $15.79 / hour; additional compensation for Spanish speakers after certification
Benefits Eligible: Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance.
Shift Details: During training, employees work Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
Due to extensive training, no time off will be approved for the first 30 days of employment. Post training, shifts will typically fall within regular business hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM. All employees are expected to contribute to staffing evenings and weekends as needed.
Department: SelectHealth - Murray, Utah
Two years of customer service experience.
Demonstrated basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs, and navigating through internet based systems.
Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
See and read computer monitors and documents.
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Previous call center or office experience