Patient Financial Services Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for assisting in the resolution and/or collections of all Intermountain Healthcare facility, physician and subsidiary self-pay accounts by answering inbound phone calls and making outbound calls in a high volume, fast paced call center environment. The goal is account resolution, follow-up, and when necessary referral of patients to other available resources to satisfy their patient accounts while providing "Extraordinary Care".
Essential Job Duties
1. Provides best-in-class customer service, has empathy and compassion, responds to patient complaints and concerns while remaining focused on providing a positive patient experience.
2. Makes specific commitments for resolution of outstanding issues. Responds timely to customers, requests appropriate adjustment codes ensuring applicable back up is provided and explains appropriate and accurate billing processes.
3. Enters appropriate notes in each identified software application and follows appropriate account follow up actions (i.e, setting up payment plans, sending information to Support, etc.)
4. Appropriately and effectively negotiates payment plans, maintains composure, manages conflict, willingness to try new approaches and effectively copes with change.
5. Supports utilization of external collection vendors. Isan advocate for Intermountain Healthcare and external collection vendors
6. Maintains call monitoring standards and department expectations in order to reach company goals.
Entry Rate: $15.33
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: M-F 9:30 - 6:00
Two years customer service experience.
Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as the ability to work well under stress.
Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume fast paced work environment and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to embrace and manage change in a positive and supportive manner.
Demonstrated ability to communicate and problem solve issues professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Demonstrated ability to think independent, evaluate situations and take appropriate action to resolve with minimal direction.
Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
See and read computer monitors and documents.
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
One year working knowledge of healthcare collections to include medical insurance billing
Medical terminology, admitting, medical billing, or insurance verification experience
Bi-lingual Spanish speaking
Experience in an in/outbound call center