Salt Lake City, UT
The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for the oversight of the University of Utah’s employee learning and development team. This position will develop strategies intended to decrease liability and expand the capacity of supervisors to lead staff, manage performance, and engage the University’s workforce. This position will proactively collaborate with stakeholders, including Human Resource Managers to determine training needs.
• Develop, implement and monitor training strategies
• Oversee, lead and coach training team
• Establish short and long term training goals
• Oversee and coordinate day to day enterprise-wide training
• Proactively partner with Stakeholders including HR leadership to determine training needs and develop goals
• Conduct annual training needs assessment
• Use metrics to monitor and evaluate operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement modifications/improvements as necessary
• Conduct regular needs assessments, identifying skills or knowledge that need to be addressed
• Provide training support and act as a resource to embedded HR teams
• Stay current on latest trends and tools
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating learning and development programs in a complex organization.
Significant work experience as a trainer or training facilitator
Familiar with traditional and modern training methods, trends and techniques