Health, Safety, & Environment Manager
Salt Lake City, UT
The HSE Manager will manage the health and safety requirements for the SLC office by completing regular inspections, audits, and continually improving the HSE system. In addition, this position will be the guardian of the health and safety of all persons impacted by our business in the assigned area of responsibility.
· Provide strategic direction and technical guidance to management, supervisors and employees and assist in developing policies, programs, and procedures for occupational safety , health, environmental and regulatory compliance at the facility.
· Set goals, strategies and programs to reduce the number, cost and severity of accidents, injuries, losses and citations, penalties, etc.
· Represent FLSmidth in interactions with regulatory agencies, groups and customers in the safety and health areas.
· Create and deliver effective safety, health and environmental training programs and materials. Develop training plans, support materials, and train respective employees on previously developed training material.
· Assist in managing required regulatory reporting to OSHA, MSHA, State and Local agencies.
· Chair and manage the Corporate Safety Committee and Emergency Team Committee.
· Support the actions of co-workers in Legal, Insurance, Risk and Workers Compensation areas in Safety, Health and Environmental problems and subjects.
· Ensure legal compliance to ISO systems (45001 & 14001) and maintain these systems to ensure compliance to global and local ISO requirements
· Record keeping of statistical data and analysis of such
· Keep laboratory in required specifications to local and federal law. Ensure that the Lab complies to all prescribed laws and regulations
· Compiles proper risk assessments and keep these up to date including proper incident investigations and close outs, including reporting incidents to workers compensation as well as OHSA & MSHA where required and on time.
· Understand the requirements of regulatory bodies including OHSA & MSHA and State and local agencies
· 3+ years of experience in a similar-level role with site experience
· Laboratory H&S experience required
· CSP or equivalent training required
· OHSA – 30 hour (Minimum), Outreach Instructor for General industry & Construction preferred
· MSHA – Part 48B (minimum), Part 48B instructor preferred.
· ISO implementation course – specific to ISO 14001:2016 & OHSAS 18001
· Risk Assessment and incident investigation qualification course
· Laboratory safety & Health training will be a huge advantage