Salt Lake City, UT
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for broad administrative duties support the Intermountain Healthcare Foundation Central Office and the regional foundation offices. In addition, this position is responsible for managing incoming donations and ensuring that gifts are classified appropriately. Daily office administration is a key function of this role.
Essential Job Duties
1. Ensures the overall smooth operation of the department/s by answering incoming phone calls, receiving and routing mail and other deliveries, coordination of payroll, maintaining appropriate inventory levels, and maintaining shared resources.
2. Coordinates Operations Team activities including scheduling meetings and events, tracking member attendance, and the timely disbursement of printed materials, minutes, etc.
3. Serves as a resource to Accounting and helps ensure proper classification of incoming donations based on donor needs and requests. Also assures donations are deposited accurately.
4. Conducts research and tracking efforts for members of the foundation team to help with strategic planning activities.
5. Coordinates the assembly and submission of grant and major gift proposals, reports, and additional documentation as needed. Drafts communications and event related materials.
6. May be responsible for maintenance of foundation database applications (e.g. Raiser's Edge) during peak business months.
7. Actively participates and supports members of Foundation staff and hospital staff.
8. Responds to phone calls, voicemail, and emails promptly and effectively to maintain trust among the various constituencies served.
9. Stays current on hospital activities, events, and achievements and integrates this information into foundation activities.
Three years experience in an administrative setting with duties related to overall office administration including record keeping and tracking data within a database
Detail oriented and consistent in maintaining accurate records and data (confirmed through interviews and references)
Proficient writing skills including business correspondence composition (examples required at time of interview)
Demonstrated proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet, and advanced computer applications (e.g. database or presentations)
Excellent customer service skills (confirmed through interviews and references)
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively over the phone, in person, and via email/letters
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once and work independently
Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
See and read computer monitors and documents.
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
Post high school education or technical training
Associate or Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Communications, or Public Relations or Philanthropic Studies
Experience using Raiser's Edge software and database
Experience working in a fundraising department.
Functional working experience with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge.