Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
Salt Lake City, UT
This is a temporary non benefited position to support University of Utah Health as a sponsor with Tour of Utah.
Travel Time, on call support and other necessary work will be completed at all hours during the specific days supporting Tour of Utah.
University of Utah Health is a sponsor of the Tour of Utah. We travel with the tour from August 5- August 12 and participate in the Outdoor Living Expo.
Our Marketing and Communications team staffs our expo space and interacts with guests who are watching the race. You would be expected to travel with our team, provide support in the expo space and interact with guests at our exhibit.
You will also be required to work full time on August 24-25 at our Be Well Utah event.
The candidate may also design, coordinate, and execute a wide range of communications. Perform a variety of writing, design, and project management tasks while using good judgment and strong interpersonal skills to plan and execute communications strategies.
• Travel overnight from August 5 to August 12 (Tour stages include: St. George, Cedar City, Payson, Antelope Island State Park, Layton, Salt Lake City, Canyons Village, Snowbird, Park City).
• Be on call for whatever work necessary during the Tour of Utah from August 5 to August 12.
• The ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Interact with guests.
• Be knowledgeable about University of Utah Health.
• In addition to the Tour of Utah, the chosen candidate will be expected to be available full-time on August 24 to August 25 for Be Well Utah.
• Develops and communicates department information on various projects to its stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Responsible for monitoring effectiveness of communication tactics and adjusting communication plans as necessary.
• Collaborates with the Department and other clientele to conceptualize on various projects.
• Develops and adheres to project timelines.
• May perform other related technical duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Outdoors and Travel
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking, Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking, Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related area, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). One year of related experience and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in accounts payable and receivable; and knowledge in all phases of production, such as types of paper, typesetting, printing, design, direct mail, and advertising concepts may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.