Salt Lake City, UT
1. Assists with the development of department budgets and knowledge of bookkeeping.
2. Maintains budget records, such as reconciling accounts and preparing expenditure statements. Responsible for Petty Cash.
3. Provides administrative support to the Professor of Military Science by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings, and conferences that may include refreshment coordinating.
4. Prepares Army correspondence in accordance with the Correspondence Manual and University correspondence in accordance with UofU correspondence; Composing routine letters and memos.
5. Provides additional general office support such as greeting and directing visitors, handling incoming calls and processing mail and ordering supplies.
6. Makes sure class schedules are updated using CLSS. Updates general catalog using Acalog.
7. Responsible for Military Science Webpage and updates.
8. Maintaining cameras and card readers.
9. Attends budget training and meetings as required. Attends administrative meetings with college.
10. Facilities management overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of the Military Science Building. Liaison with Facility Operations, custodial and ground crews. Responsible for initial contact with appropriate offices at UU and city in cases of disaster.
11. Knowledge of Quicken, IE, Outlook, Adobe, Excel, Word and Power Point.
12. Administrative liaison with other university departments and agencies to include Westminster college and Salt Lake Community College.
13. Learn to operate the Cadet Command Information Management system (CCIMS).
14. Knowledge of military protocol and courtesies. Know who to contact for answers.
15. Responsible for updating Policy Board and Books. Responsible for inventories of Postage Stamps.
16 Upkeep of the Canon copier.
17. Setting up high school interviews with students for national scholarships.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Work environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Plans and expedites the flow of work while ensuring the smooth operation of the office under the pressure of frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.